Our backyard extends beyond the area behind our house, it includes the places we frequent, the places we visit, the places where we live life. This blog is all about the things we find in our backyard and beyond.


Thursday, November 08, 2007

Now a winter garden

Today was the first frosty temperature in N.C. That meant the end of our garden. The sweet potato leaves that we like making into a salad is all burnt up and withered. My husband dug up the sweet potato roots and we'll soon be making sweet potato pies out of them and put them in the freezer for Thanksgiving.

I hate that I didn't get a chance to get the leaves off of my bitter melon plant before the frost hit. This tropical baby does not like the cold and has since died of frost bite. At least I still have the bitter melon fruits in the refrigerator. I'll be posting some bitter melon recipes in Our Kitchen soon.

No comments: