Our backyard extends beyond the area behind our house, it includes the places we frequent, the places we visit, the places where we live life. This blog is all about the things we find in our backyard and beyond.


Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cell Phones & Kids

I used to say that kids should not have cell phones. I am not buying my kids cell phones. Heck, I don’t even have a cell phone! hehe! but that was because I just hate to talk on the phone.

As the girls got older, and were involved with more things at school that required them to stay later or go elsewhere, I soon realized how it would be most helpful if they had cell phones so they can call home if they need anything or so I can find them if I need to. So on their birthdays last spring, I decided to let them have phones. Nothing fancy though, god knows I can’t afford to have another $100/month calling plan to have us all on it. Instead, I decided we would try a prepaid calling plan. We all agreed that these phones will be for emergency only, not for use to chit chat with friends all day long. We also agreed that they will earn their own minutes.

Read the rest on Found Not Lost

No comments: