Our backyard extends beyond the area behind our house, it includes the places we frequent, the places we visit, the places where we live life. This blog is all about the things we find in our backyard and beyond.


Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tree

Trees on Blue Sky April2-06-050

spring-on-carolina-blue June30 054

This is a tree that I look up on every morning as I sip on my coffee in the backyard. I enjoy watching how it changes with the seasons and slowly fill in with leaves. Now I can barely see its bare bones which I marvelled at all winter long. When I look up on it now I watch squirrels jumping from branch to branch or birds tending their nests. Tree frogs must make this tree their home too 'cause they sure can be heard all night long. Some people are bothered by the cacophony of noises coming from the trees, but not me. The croaking lulls me to sleep and the chirping wakes me every morning.

Happy Fourht of July, everyone!

No comments: